- South Carolina went 7-6 in its first year under new head coach Shane Beamer in 2021.
- The morale around the team is high and videos across the Gamecocks social channels are taking off.
- The latest of these videos shows the team preparing for the season in a unique way – an gigantic game of hide and seek.
Shane Beamer knows how to keep the vibes good with South Carolina football.
The Gamecocks went from 2-10 in 2020 to 7-6 in the first year under Beamer, culminating in a hilarious mayo bath for the coach. The excitement has continued through the spring with the arrival of Spencer Rattler and into the summer.
Now Beamer and his coaching staff are trying to lighten the mood a little. And they did so in a hilarious manner.
Gamecocks Play Epic Game Of Hide And Seek
Head strength and conditioning coach Luke Day had a unique way to get his players warmed up for a workout earlier this week: a massive game of hide and seek.
This game is serious business. pic.twitter.com/j9uCAse5Mg
— Gamecock Football (@GamecockFB) June 22, 2022
But this wasn’t just any old game of hide and seek.
Day gave the Cocks’ offensive players three minutes to hide anywhere in South Carolina’s gigantic, state of the art football facility. The defense then had a set period of time to sniff out their counterparts. The video featured a number of hilarious highlights, including:
- An offensive player nervously waiting for a slow elevator
- A cameo appearance by Beamer casually sipping coffee
- And one hilarious nerve-driven fart by linebacker Mohamed Kaba
To be fair, Kaba had good reason.
they had me nervous🤣🤣
— Mohamed Kaba (@mo_kaba3) June 23, 2022
Things are looking up in Columbia, and the players are all in.